Vacancies: Join the TEAM
At TEAM Education Trust we believe that 'Together Everyone Achieves More'. We know that the members of our TEAM are our most important asset and we want to ensure they are valued, supported and rewarded properly for their work at our school.
We actively encourage applications from individuals who enjoy working to support the best outcomes for our learners. Our approach to staff well-being and benefits is to ensure accessibility and equity for all staff in our range of benefits and facilities and to foster a warm, collaborative and friendly working environment.
If you would like to apply for a position within the Trust, please complete the Application Form (see the end of this page), and send it with a covering letter to the Chief Executive Officer at TEAM Education Trust. If there are any aspects of the job that you would like to know more about, please do not hesitate to contact our HR Manager directly by email.
I am delighted to introduce you to our Trust and I invite you to read our letter of welcome.
Chief Executive Officer
Vice Principal, Stubbin Wood School
Full time, £59,581-£65,735 Teachers Pay – Leadership Spine (L15-L19)
Are you energetic and enthusiastic, able to contribute to the leadership and management of this caring, successful school? Are you ready to take the next step in your professional development?
An exciting primary leadership opportunity suited to a motivated, successful leader to join our Senior Leadership Team. Whether you are a leader looking for a change or looking to progress into leadership T.E.A.M Education Trust want to hear from you.
We are looking for a leader who:
- Is able to fulfil the role of the classroom teacher, whilst working strategically with a proven track record of being an outstanding practitioner.
- Has leadership experience.
- Promotion of positive mental health and wellbeing outcomes in education, utilising interventions, building and maintaining strong relationships with external providers.
- Has good organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- A committed team player who works to high standards and motivates others.
- Has knowledge and experience of recent School Improvement Strategies for raising educational standards in all areas of the school.
- Can lead by example, inspiring and challenging our pupils to be the best they can be.
- Able to foster good relationships with pupils, colleagues, parents and the wider community.
- Will assist in further developing our ‘Good’ OFSTED rating.
- Committed to safeguarding the welfare of our pupils.
We can offer:
- An exciting opportunity to work with our Associate Principal.
- Dedicated Leadership time.
- Fantastic career development opportunities
- A chance to work within a supportive professional team of staff, Governors and parents where ‘together everyone achieves more’ to place our pupils learning and happiness at the heart of everything we do.
- A calm, friendly place to work with a welcoming feel.
An ideal opportunity for a driven person, committed to continual professional development, someone who is committed to reaching their potential through senior leadership in our rewarding educational environment. For more information and to apply click here.
Closing date: 12 October 2021.
IT Support Engineer Apprentice (Level 4 Network Engineer Apprentice)
Full time, £19,000 - £20,000 per annum
The On Site Support Engineer is a 2nd Line role responsible for supporting TEAM Educations School base in Mansfield. The main purpose of this role is to provide onsite technical support for a cluster of Schools within a Customer Service focused support team; take ownership of customer ICT issues and problem solve to resolution; perform checks on customer ICT infrastructure(s) when on site and work closely with the remote support team to offer a seamless service. There will be occasions (typically school holidays) when you will be required to travel ‘out of area’ to support engineering resource during large scale installations.
What you will be doing:
- Check that customers have a valid support contract and what is included within the scope of their Support Agreement (SA)
- Take ownership of customer ICT issues and perform a technical diagnosis (remotely & onsite) to find a solution
- Escalate support calls to the relevant person if a solution has not been found within an agreed timeframe set by Ergo
- Contribute to KPI reports produced by the team for the schools’ Infrastructure support customers as required
- Provide support to internal staff on Ergo ICT Infrastructure as required
- Create, Publish and Maintain both System Documentation and Knowledge Base articles for our customers
- Ensure that Change Control procedures and documentation are used for re-configuration of Customer ICT Infrastructure(s)
- Liaise with customers to clarify the technical implementation details for delivery of SME solutions
- Record support calls received by Telephone/Email/Web/verbal into our Helpdesk Software with detailed information on the customer ICT issue
- Resolve problems associated with operating systems, networks, software, hardware, printers etc.
- Service desk support– diagnosis of IT issues and supporting users remotely using remote connection tools.
- Installation of new software and hardware
- Maintain and fix other computing equipment
- Assist in system upgrades and system maintenance
- Liaise with third party suppliers such as Internet Service Providers and vendors
- Support with technology asset management
- Social media and website updates
- Supporting staff to implement new technologies in the workplace
- Working with a range of technology hardware -Android, Windows, Mac
- Supporting software development and implementation
- Supporting the use of database systems and Content Management Software
The training you'll be provided with:
- Comprehensive digital pre-apprenticeship induction programme (including health and safety, safeguarding, PREVENT, technical and curriculum specifics)
- Level 4 Network Engineer apprenticeship standard
- e-learning training materials
- Specialist vendor and technical certificates- e.g. CompTIA
- Access to practice labs to develop technical competency
- Monthly assessor visits and competency checks
- Support desk (technical and pastoral)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities module
For more information, click here.
Digital Champion x 3 Posts (IT Digital Support Technican Apprentice)
Full time (term time only), £8273 pro rata
Could you be a digital champion?
We are looking for three Digital Champions, one for each of our schools: Stubbin Wood School and Nursery, Whaley Thorns Primary School and Model Village Primary School. This role will be the first of its kind at all three schools.
- Promoting the use of new and existing technologies such as:
- Microsoft 365 and Google G-suite
- Curriculum software
- Digital recording of audio and video, for instance green screen video
- Supporting staff with day to day enquiries regarding the use of technology
- Supporting an action plan for wider staff and student digital skills development
- Develop technology capacity to facilitate teaching and learning across the curriculum and/or within computing as a subject
- Implementing the use of online collaborative tools for organisational and curriculum delivery
- Assisting with e-safety curriculum developments
- Maintaining a positive and professional online reputation
- Plan, implement and maintain an element of the school’s organisational digital assets
Your training will be provided by education consultants, trainers, subject experts, and administrative staff dedicated to transforming teaching and learning, inside and outside the classroom, using educational technology.
Your training will be provided by Primary Goal, an award-winning training provider specialising in the digital industries.
For more information and to apply:
Business Administration Apprentice
Full time, £8,273 per annum
Business Administration Apprentice supporting the Human Resources and Safeguarding functions based within a Special Educational Needs School environment but serving the Trust as a whole. Applicants will pay attention to detail, have a basic understanding of the GDPR regulations and be able to discuss their knowledge of confidentiality.
Core Requirements of the post:
- To assist with the preparation of new starters, ensuring accuracy in file preparation, documentation checking and entry onto the Single Central Record
- To attend safeguarding meetings with the Safeguarding manager and take appropriate notes/minutes of the meeting
- Any other duties as required by the Safeguarding Manager
- Assisting the HR Manager in all aspects of recruitment administration
- Inputting data onto the HRIS system and HR logs as necessary
- Assist the HR Manager in the development of projects
- Attend HR policy/procedure related meetings with the HR Manager and take appropriate notes
- Answering HR enquiries as required by telephone, face to face or by email
- Good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships
- Professional working standards with a respect for GDPR and confidentiality
- Willingness to learn relevant aspects of Employment legislation
- Any other duties as required by the HR Manager
- Respectful and polite, willing to develop good customer service skills
- Undertake any relevant training courses and conferences as required
- To carry out all duties with awareness and regard to Health and Safety issues and adhere to safe systems of work
- To be aware of and adhere to Equal Opportunities at all times
- To be aware of and adhere to Safeguarding at all times
- To adhere to the requirements of the Data Protection Act in respect of confidentiality and disclosure of data
- Adhere to TEAM Education Trust’s standards of behaviour and Code of Conduct
Details of how to apply are Click here
Mid Day Supervisor: Model Village Primary School
If you are interested in supporting our children to enjoy healthy, active, safe and enjoyable lunchtimes then this could be the role for you.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic team player, who understands the importance of a successful lunchtime and is committed to promoting a positive ethos and willing to engage children in constructive play, games and activities.
Staff will supervise children on the playground, in a classroom and in the dining hall, having high expectations of behaviour and ensuring their welfare and safety. A friendly and positive attitude is essential.
For more information about the job and details of how to apply, please click here - DCC website