Supporting SEND in Education
The Trust strives to meet the needs of all its children and young people, taking into account their varied backgrounds, learning styles and abilities. The Trust also seeks to ensure children and young people feel a sense of belonging and are equally valued, allowing them to fully participate and contribute in all aspects their school life.
The Trust use a tiered approach to meet the needs of our students, primarily through quality-first teaching, and encompassing monitoring where the SENDCO (Special Educational Needs Coordinator) works closely with the class staff whilst leadership monitors an individual student.
The Trust have a deep-rooted understanding of how to help our students who have Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). Our TEAM are SEND specialists and we work with schools beyond the Trust to facilitate an inclusive and positive learning experience.
Where SEND needs are identified, a student is placed on a SEND monitoring register. To ensure that we meet the needs of the students appropriately, the following checks take place before formal consideration can be given as to whether to place a child on the SEND register.
- Students are fully supported during this process whilst evidence to support their individual needs is established.
- The school’s Safeguarding Manager and/or the TEAM Trust SEND Lead will request fully detailed evidence to ensure any undiagnosed SEND is not missed.
- The Early Help Manager reviews the paperwork and checks that all appropriate evidence is in place before adding a child the SEND register.
- The TEAMready offer to support younger learners may follow this approach as provision is developed if deemed appropriate.
Where students are not making expected rates of progress at our schools, staff are required to consider the strategies outlined by the Trust's SEND Pathways document in relation to the specific difficulty identified. Strategies are outlined within students’ Individual Learning Plan (ILP) provision maps and adopted for 6 weeks before impact is reviewed.
Read our SEND Policy by clicking this link.
- Support for Effective Leadership and Management for senior leaders and the school SENDCO
- We undertake whole school Inclusion Reviews for Trusts
- Support for the quality of teaching, learning and assessment enabling wider holistic outcomes for students with SEND
- Whole school Inclusion Reviews including
- Lesson and intervention observations
- Work scrutiny
- TEAM teaching
- Financial Provision mapping
- Transition planning
For further information or a discussion on how we can help your specific needs, please contact us.